Are you trying to make your communications or social media postings funnier? That’s what those unusual emoticons called looney faces can achieve. lenny faces, a type of text-based art, are frequently employed to depict a range of facial expressions, from surprise to mischief to enjoyment.
Combining a variety of keyboard symbols, such as parentheses, slashes, and symbols, to construct eyes, a nose, and a mouth results in a Lenny face. In this guide, we’ll show you how to draw Lenny face, step by step, and provide you with some tips to master the art of emoticon creation.
What is a Lenny Face?
Let’s define a lenny face first before we begin the drawing process. A lenny face, commonly referred to as a text emoticon, is a facial expression made from a combination of keyboard characters that is used humorous or fun. The most famous lenny face is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), and it’s become an internet sensation.
How to draw Lenny?
Learning how to draw Lenny faces is a delightful and creative endeavor. Here is a step-by-step guide to draw Lenny faces:
Step 1: Decide on the Expression
Before you start drawing your Lenny face, think about the emotion or expression you want to convey. Lenny faces can represent a range of emotions from happiness to surprise to mischief.
Step 2: Choose Your Platform
Decide where you want to create your Lenny face. You can use a text editor, messaging app, or even good old pen and paper. Make sure you have a clear space to work with.
Step 3: Basic Framework
Start by drawing the basic framework of your Lenny face. It consists of three main components:
The eyes are usually the first part of a Lenny’s face. They are represented by open and closed parenthesis characters. Here are some common eye options:
- Happy eyes: Use two open parenthesis characters ( for the left eye and two closed parenthesis characters ) for the right eye.
- Sad eyes: Use two closed parenthesis characters ) for the left eye and two open parenthesis characters ( for the right eye.
- Winking eye: Combine one open parenthesis ( and one closed parenthesis ) for a winking eye, like this: ( ; ).
- Crossed eyes: Use an “X” between the eyes to make them appear crossed, like this: (X X).
The nose is represented by various characters placed between the eyes. The most common character to use is a caret ^, but you can get creative with other symbols like – or ~. Place the nose character between the eyes to form the nose.
The mouth is where you can express different emotions or expressions. Here are some options:
- Straight mouth: Use characters like |, _, or ─ for a neutral or serious expression. Place them between the nose and below the eyes.
- Smiling mouth: Use characters like / or \ to create a smiling mouth. Place them between the nose and below the eyes, curving upward.
- Frowning mouth: Use characters like \ or / to create a frowning mouth. Place them between the nose and below the eyes, curving downward.
- Mischief or tongue sticking out: You can add extra characters for a playful or mischievous expression. For example, use ʖ to represent a face with a tongue sticking out.
Step 4: Optional Details
Feel free to add additional characters or symbols to further customize your Lenny’s face. You can use characters like °, ●, or ◕ to add extra flair or details to your Lenny face.
Step 5: Finalize Your Lenny Face
Once you’ve chosen your eyes, nose, mouth, and any optional details, arrange them in a way that conveys the desired expression. Experiment with different combinations until you’re satisfied with the result.
Step 6: Share Your Lenny Face
Once you’ve created your Lenny face, you can copy and paste it into messages, social media posts, or anywhere else you’d like to share it.
Here’s an example of a Lenny face with a happy expression: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tips for Perfecting Your Lenny Face
1. Keep It Simple: Lenny’s faces are most effective when they’re simple yet expressive. Avoid cluttering your emoticon with too many characters.
2. Play with Proportions: Experiment with the size and shape of the eyes, nose, and mouth to create different moods and expressions.
3. Context Matters: Consider the context of your message. When used correctly, a Lenny face can enhance your communication.
How to Draw Lenny Face Step-by-Step Guide?
As you can see, two lines are crossed one over the other.
Start with the nose, which is a small dash with a bump like a butt.
The face is almost complete so let’s get you done. Draw the lids for each eye like so, then draw t he circle shapes for the eyes.
Draw the rounded shapes of each cheek as shown, then smile. You can now erase any errors you made in step one along with the guides you made.
A unique and enjoyable approach to injecting humor and personality into your messaging is by drawing a Lenny face. You can master smiley creation with some practice and experimentation. Why then wait? Create your own cartoon Lenny faces and send them to pals to make their day!